Recent News from (OTC: MKTY)
| Mechanical Technology reports Q1 results|
|Mechanical Technology ( OTCQB:MKTY ): Q1 Operating loss of $409K. More news on: Mechanical Technology, Inc., Earnings news and commentary, Tech stocks news, , Read more ... |
| Date: May, 04 2017 09:25|
| Mechanical Technology Incorporated Announces First Quarter 2017 Results|
|ALBANY, NY --(Marketwired - May 04, 2017) - Mechanical Technology, Incorporated (MTI or the Company), (OTCQB: MKTY) , a company engaged, through its wholly-owned subsidiary MTI Instruments, Inc. (MTI Instruments), is a supplier of precision linear displacement sensors, instruments and sy...|
| Date: May, 04 2017 08:58|
| MTI Instruments Launches New Suite of 2D/3D Technology Products|
|ALBANY, NY --(Marketwired - March 21, 2017) - MTI Instruments, Inc. (MTI Instruments), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mechanical Technology, Incorporated (MTI), (OTCQB: MKTY) , and worldwide supplier of precision linear displacement solutions, vibration measurement and system balancing solu...|
| Date: March, 21 2017 09:10|
| Mechanical Technology reports FY results|
|Mechanical Technology ( OTCQB:MKTY ): FY Gross margin rate of 61.4% vs. 60.9% for FY2015. More news on: Mechanical Technology, Inc., Earnings news and commentary, Tech stocks news, , Read more ... |
| Date: March, 02 2017 09:14|
| Mechanical Technology Incorporated Announces 2016 Year End Results|
|ALBANY, NY --(Marketwired - March 02, 2017) - Mechanical Technology, Incorporated (MTI or the Company), (OTCQB: MKTY) , a company engaged, through its subsidiary MTI Instruments, Inc. (MTI Instruments), in the design, manufacture and sale of precision test and measurement sensors, instru...|
| Date: March, 02 2017 08:58|
| Mechanical Technology, Incorporated President/CEO Retires|
|ALBANY, NY --(Marketwired - January 24, 2017) - Mechanical Technology, Incorporated (MTI or the Company), a publicly traded company (OTCQB: MKTY) headquartered in Albany, New York, announces that Mr. Kevin Lynch has retired from his position as President and Chief Executive Officer o...|
| Date: January, 24 2017 08:58|
| NetworkNewsBreaks - Top 10 Mid-day Percentage Gainers on November 28, 2016|
|Here is a list of stocks shaking up the markets today, with particular focus on NASDAQ and OTC small caps. The top gainers based on percentage: PZRX 143.37% – News: PRX-OTC receives Orphan Drug Designation EMGL 47.06% – News: Posts Q3 financial results, GAAP revenues increase...|
| Date: November, 28 2016 13:00|
| Mechanical Technology Announces Enhanced Growth Strategy|
|Following investment by Brookstone Partners Acquisition XXIV, LLC (Brookstone), MTI expands growth strategy Mechanical Technology, Incorporated (MTI or the Company) (OTCQB:MKTY), a company engaged, through its subsidiary MTI Instruments, Inc., in the design, manufacture and sale of ...|
|Source: Business Wire|
| Date: November, 28 2016 08:55|
| Mechanical Technology reports Q3 results|
|Mechanical Technology ( OTCQB:MKTY ): Q3 Operating income of $0.3M. More news on: Mechanical Technology, Inc., Earnings news and commentary, Tech stocks news, , Read more ... |
| Date: October, 27 2016 09:14|
Last 5 Days Trading Activity
Last 5 Days Short Activity
* Short Mode
Short Analysis provided by Squeeze Report.
About Mechanical Technology, Inc. (OTC: MKTY)
Mechanical Technology, Incorporated s MTI core business is conducted through MTI Instruments, Inc. MTI Instruments , a wholly owned subsidiary. MTI Instruments is a supplier of: precision linear displacement solutions, vibration measurement and system balancing systems, and wafer inspection tools consisting of electronic gauging instruments for position, displacement and vibration application within the industrial manufacturing/production markets, as well as the research, design and process development market tensile stage systems for materials testing at academic and industrial research settings and engine vibration analysis systems for both military and commercial aircraft. These tools, systems and solutions are developed for markets and applications that require the precise measurements and control of products, processes, and the development and implementation of automated manufacturing, assembly, and consistent operation of complex machinery.
- Frederick Jones / President, CEO, Treasurer, CFO
- Frederick W. Jones was appointed our President and Chief Executive Officer on January , , and has also served as our Chief Financial Officer since September . Prior to that, he had served as our Acting Chief Financial Officer since June . In addition, Mr. Jones was appointed our Secretary in June . He was promoted to Vice President of Finance and Operations of MTI Instruments, Inc. MTI Instruments , a whollyowned subsidiary of the Company, in April , from the Senior Director of Finance and Operations at MTI Instruments, which position he had held since May . Since joining the Company in , Mr. Jones has held a variety of roles at MTI and its subsidiaries, including Staff Accountant, Controller and Director of Finance and Administration. In his current capacity, Mr. Jones supervises the financial reporting, treasury, human resources and risk management for MTI. Prior to his employment with MTI, Mr. Jones served as Controller for both Hobbs Management Corporation and Galesi Management Corporation. Mr. Jones received a Bachelor s degree in Business Administration and Accounting from Siena College.
- Lisa Brennan / IR
- David Michaels / Chairman, Independent Director, Audit Committee Member, Nominating Committee Member
- Mr. Michaels has served as our Chairman of the Board since January , , and as a director since August . Mr. Michaels is the Chief Financial Officer of the American Institute for Economic Research, Inc., an internationally recognized economics research and education organization, and has served in this position since October . Mr. Michaels served as Chief Financial Officer at Starfire Systems, Inc. from December to September . Mr. Michaels worked at Albany International Corp. from March to December as Vice President, Treasury and Tax and Chief Risk Officer. Mr. Michaels also worked at Veeco Instruments from May to March in various roles including Controller and Tax Manager. Mr. Michaels is a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee of Iverson Genetic Diagnostics, Inc. Mr. Michaels also serves as a member of the Board of Governors and Vice President of the Country Club of Troy. Mr. Michaels served as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Starfire Systems, Inc. from January through December . Mr. Michaels has a Bachelor of Science degree with dual majors in Accounting and Finance and a minor in Economics from the University at Albany. Mr. Michaels completed graduatelevel coursework at the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University. Mr. Michaels also completed the Leadership Institute Program at the Lally School of Management amp Technology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Edward R. Hirshfield / Compensation Committee Member
- Mr. Hirshfield has served as a director since October , . Since , Mr. Hirshfield has served as a partner at Steppingstone Group, LLC, a special situations private equity fund located in New York. Mr. Hirshfield s responsibilities in this role include business development activities, conducting extensive credit analysis on target companies, as well as portfolio management. Mr. Hirshfield began his career as a loan officer at CIT Group Inc. and then became a restructuring advisor at a boutique investment bank, CDG Group. In , Mr. Hirshfield moved over to the buy side and joined Longacre Fund Management, LLC, a . billion distressed debt fund. Mr. Hirshfield continued as a distressed investor at Del Mar Asset Management, LP, Ramius LLC and most recently CRG, LLC from through . At CRG, LLC, Mr. Hirshfield was responsible for identifying and managing investments in distressed situations and conducting extensive research on potential investments. Mr. Hirshfield has a B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Union College and an M.B.A. from Fordham University Graduate School of Business.
- Matthew E. Lipman / Audit Committee Member, Nominating Committee Member
- Mr. Lipman has served as a director since October , . Since , Mr. Lipman has served as Managing Director of Brookstone Partners, a lower middle market private equity firm based in New York and an affiliate of Brookstone Partners Acquisition XXIV, LLC. Mr. Lipman s responsibilities at Brookstone Partners include identifying and evaluating investment opportunities, performing transaction due diligence, managing the capital structure of portfolio companies and working with management teams to implement operational and growth strategies. In addition, Mr. Lipman is responsible for executing addon acquisitions and other portfolio companyrelated strategic projects. From July through June , Mr. Lipman was an analyst in the mergers and acquisitions group at UBS Financial Services Inc. responsible for formulating and executing on complex merger, acquisition and financing strategies for Fortune companies in the industrial, consumer products and healthcare sectors. Mr. Lipman currently serves on the Board of Directors of Instone, LLC and Denison Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Mr. Lipman has a B.S. in Business Administration from Babson College.
- Thomas J Marusak / Independent Director, Compensation Committee Member
- Mr. Marusak has served as a director since December . Since , Mr. Marusak has served as President of Comfortex Corporation, a manufacturer of window blinds and specialty shades. He was previously a member of the Advisory Board of Directors for Key Bank of New York from through . In , Mr. Marusak was elected to the Board of Directors of the Capital District Physician s Health Plan, Inc., in Albany, in which he is also a member of the Finance Committee of the Board. Mr. Marusak received a B.S. in Engineering from Pennsylvania State University and a M.S. in Engineering from Stanford University.
- William P Phelan / Independent Director, Audit Committee Member, Compensation Committee Member, Nominating Committee Member
- Mr. Phelan has served as a director since December . Mr. Phelan is the cofounder and Chief Executive Officer of Bright Hub, Inc., a software company founded in , which focuses on the development of online software for commerce. In May , Mr. Phelan founded OneMade, Inc., an electronic commerce marketplace technology systems and tools provider. Mr. Phelan served as Chief Executive Officer of OneMade, Inc. from May to May , including for a year after it was sold to, and remained a subsidiary of, America Online. Mr. Phelan serves on the Board of Trustees and is a Finance Committee member and an Investment Committee Chair for Capital District Physician s Health Plan, Inc. Mr. Phelan also serves on the Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Paradigm Mutual Fund Family. He has also held numerous executive positions at Fleet Equity Partners, Cowen amp Company, First Albany Corporation, and UHY Advisors Inc., formerly Urbach Kahn amp Werlin, PC. Mr. Phelan has a B.A. in Accounting and Finance from Siena College, an M.S. in Taxation from City College of New York, and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Michael Toporek /
- Mr. Toporek has served as a director since October , . Since , Mr. Toporek has served as the Managing General Partner of Brookstone Partners, a lower middle market private equity firm based in New York and an affiliate of Brookstone Partners Acquisition XXIV, LLC. Prior to founding Brookstone Partners in , Mr. Toporek was both an active principal investor and an investment banker. Mr. Toporek began his career in Chemical Bank s Investment Banking Group, later joined Dillon, Read and Co., which became UBS Warburg Securities Ltd. during his tenure, and SG Cowen and Company. Mr. Toporek currently serves on the Board of Trustees of Harlem Academy. Mr. Toporek has a B.A. in Economics and an M.B.A from the University of Chicago.
Current Share Structure
- Market Cap: $7,170,843 - 03/09/2018
- Authorized: 75,000,000 - 04/10/2017
- Issue and Outstanding: 9,149,518 - 10/26/2017
- Float: 4,914,713 - 04/10/2017